10 Ways to Overcome Shortness of Breath due to Covid
One of the common signs felt by a person affected by the coronavirus is shortness of breath. Apparently, there are ways to deal with shortness of breath because of covid that you can do.
A respiratory mechanism is disrupted because there is an infection in the lungs, so that a person will experience difficulty breathing. This will be risky if not addressed properly
Typed from the Instagram account of the Ministry of Health (@kemenkes_ri), Doctor Lung Specialist of Friendship General Hospital, dr. Prasenohadi explained shortness of breath as one of the signs when exposed to the coronavirus. He gave guidance that can be done by Covid-19 patients when experiencing shortness of breath affected by Covid-19.
6 steps to overcome shortness of breath due to covid:
1. It's good to prepare at-home pulse oximetry, a gauge of oxygen saturation levels. If the patient has an oxygen saturation of less than 90, therefore it should be immediately given oxygen
2. Sleep face down for 30 minutes to 1 hour repeatedly. This is done so that the distribution of oxygen in the lungs is flatter
3. Sleep in a left-leaning or left-leaning gesture, if the patient is unable to sleep face down. This is commonly called the prone position. Place pillows at 3 points such as the head, waist, and between the legs. This position is one step to improve oxygenation in the lungs
4. position the sitting body propped up with a pillow (sleeping 1/2 sitting). Pillows can be stacked with up to 3 pillows. Do it for thirty minutes
5. if the above steps have not succeeded in returning oxygen saturation, then try the patient to use an oxygen tube.
6. immediately bring the patient to be referred to the hospital or health facilities closest for further treatment. It should be remembered, some of the tips above are expected to help patients suffering from shortness of breath due to Covid-19 and do not causepanic.
7. Take a deep breath.
Think deep breath can help lower shortness of breath. This can be done by sleeping and placing hands on the stomach. Then take a deep breath through the nose. Let your lungs rest in the air, then hold for a few minutes. Then exhale slowly through the mouth. This can be done repeatedly until normal breathing returns. This step must be implemented properly and well. Research shows that when a person does it improperly, this exercise can be more risky than helpful
8. Lip breathing exercises.
The flaking of the lips helps reduce tightness by slowing the movement of a person's breathing. This exercise is really beneficial when shortness of breath is caused by worry. This breathing can be done in the following ways:
He- Sitting upright on a bench with his shoulders relaxed.
- Press the lips together, keep a small distance between the 2.
- Take a breath through your nose for a few minutes
- Exhale slowly through the lips that kiss along the four counts
- Repeat this respiratory scheme several times
A person can try this exercise anytime they feel short of breath. They can repeat it all day until they feel better
9. Find a comfortable position
A person who is experiencing shortness of breath can be reduced by getting a comfortable position for himself to breathe. This can be done until the body becomes more relaxed and normal breathing returns. Generally, this step is used for someone who experiences napas tightness because of concern or exhaustion.
10. Using a fan
A 2010 study gave a report, using a holding fan to blow air into the nose and face can reduce the sensation of shortness of breath. This system can make a person feel as if they are getting more and more air into the body
It can help keep a person's nasal passages clean until breathing becomes easier. Moisture from steam can damage mucus in the lungs to be useful to reduce shortness of breath.